If you are traveling a lot during the year (let them be business or vacation journeys) annual travel insurance is what you need to secure your health and belongings. The plans of this insurance type cover the insureds for the entire year and hence, are priced less than short term plan. If you find one of the below mentioned points coincides with you, then you definitely need a secure plan of annual travel insurance:
1. If you are scheduled to travel a lot during the upcoming year either on business or on your pleasure, you can either purchase an annual travel insurance plan or choose to buy protection for every single trip separately. The latter will appear both annoying and time-consuming especially if you are busy man with a tight schedule. As a rule, businessmen, retirees, writers, academics and journalists are the most frequent travelers.
2. In case, you are very cautious toward your family’s safety, with an annual travel insurance plan you will have your children or spouse be safely returned to your country once you are hospitalized on your trip. Besides, it gives you a life protection for your family in case an accident happens during the flight or the trip.
Annual travel insurance has a series of advantages that appear essential for people who travel a lot. If, for instance, you happen to need medical care during your trip away from your country or need to be moved there for a serious medical assistance, your annual plan covers the expenses. It comes to help also in less tense or hazard situations such as being have to spend the night in the airport because of a delayed flight (the insurance will cover your hotel expenses), losing your luggage or having it mangled, etc.
Before obtaining a travel insurance for an entire year, you ought to know the exact coverage it provides. Certainly, the insurance company greatly affects the coverage extension, yet there are some basic points a typical annual travel insurance plan includes. Here are them:
1. Medical/emergency coverage (includes surgeries, doctor visits, drug prescriptions, etc.)
2. Emergency transportation
3. Compensation for transportation, accommodation and food in case your flight is delayed
4. Compensation for destroyed or stolen baggage (the reason for the steal or lose does not matter)
5. Compensation for personal belonging in case the baggage is delayed for at least half a day
6. Transportation of underage children to fatherland in case the insured is hospitalized in a foreign country
However, there are other points certain annual travel insurance plans may include. They are determined exclusively by the insurance companies.
The price for an insurance plan differs banking on several factors, which are:
1. The age of the traveler
2. The supposed number of trips
3. The chosen extra options
4. The supposed number of days the longest trip of the year must have
Anyway, the latest researches prove that a common annual travel insurance plan costs a traveler approximately $200.
ANNUAL TRAVEL INSURANCE VIDEO